In this article, I am going to show you how to Get Google Plus custom URL for your G+ profile and Pages. If you want to give a short link of your google+ profile to your friends or someone, you need a short and clear URL.
When you create your G+ profile, it has an ID something like this (107562396034145104789). It’s very long and hard to remember or not easy to find you from G+ search. So in this case you must get a short custom URL for your profile to be found easily.
Getting a custom URL will be something like this (G+.com/+FaizullahOruzgani). So as you can see it’s better than a long ID number and it’s easy to remember. Now we can say, when you have a custom URL, you can give people a short, easy-to-remember web address to find your Google+ profile or pages.
Get Google Plus Custom URL for Profile
Note: Before to begin you must be logging in. if you’re not then signed in.
1. Go to Google+ and login to your account. Then click on Profile from left top corner. If you didn’t find it, so to appear it move your mouse on Home
2. Now click on About under you profile picture.
3. Now scroll down to “Links” then click on Get URl link under Google+ URL header.
4. Finally, from here you can choose URL Options, there are 2 types of options, at the first options type you choose the URL name that will be fixed and approved by google and you don’t need to add a few extra letters or numbers. To do this select the Url then click the box of “I agree to the Terms of Service” then click on Change URL.
Note: If you didn’t find a type that is fixed and no need to add a few extra letters or numbers, so you need to wait some days until the google approves it and make an option for to get the Url.
5. 1. At the second type you can choose the URL name that will not be fixed, so you must add a few extra letters or numbers to get it, as google always “Add a few extra letters or numbers to this URL to get one that is unique for you”. I don’t know why google couple was to add a few extra letters or number. I think it should be an option if we want to make it we can do this manually. so, however, to get a URL and Add a few extra letters or numbers to this URL to get one that is unique for you, select and type your letters or numbers then click the box of “I agree to the Terms of Service” then click on Change URL.
6. Sometimes you may be asked to verify your account using your mobile phone number then give you a number to google services they will send you a code a type that where it’s asked to enter, then verify it.
7. Click on Confirm choice if you’re pretty sure then it will be finally choice.
Note: Before to confirm choice be sure permanently because it will be your youtube channel and your google+ custom Url and in future you can’t change your custom URL after you create it. only and only you can change the capitalization text.
As you can see my google+ and YouTube channel has been changed to the Url, that I wanted.
This was all about how to get Google+ custom URL for your G+ profile. If you faced any problem tell us below by comment, feel free to tell us. we’re waiting for your suggestion.
This is a guest contribution post by Faiz Orz. Visit his website Wikigain.com