Enable Windows Administrator Account without Logging to Windows
This is how to enable Windows Administrator account without logging in to any Windows account. It means you can bypass the login page while secured by password.
The Administrator account has the full privilege in Windows. The admin account make any changes to Windows. Don’t forget that the Administrator is an account and the Administrators is a group. Any user can be the member of Administrators group. If you make a standard user member of Administrators group, it will get right to bring changes in your Windows operating system.
Related: 5 Ways to Change User Account Password in Windows
So, never make the other users a member of your system administrators group. Even if they would be your parent or other valuable person.
Enable Windows Administrator Account without Full Privilege
Do it when you don’t have any access to your Windows operating system. It’s not illegal but using this in way to harm someone’s operating system may make you some problem.
1. In order to enable Windows Administrator account, read the article reset forgotten Windows password. I had written the article previously for resetting Windows 10 password. It’s s clear way to bypass the Windows login page.
2. When you get access to a command line interface (cmd) on Windows logon page. Type “net user” to list all available users on your Windows. See the screenshot.
Here you see the list of users.
3. Now type “net user administrator” to see whether the administrator is enable or disabled.
Yes, the Account active status is equal to “no“. It means that the administrator account is disable. So let’s enable it.
Related: Top 10 Password Cracking Tools for Windows, Linux and Web Applications
4. To enable Windows administrator account, type “net user administrator /active:yes“. This command will enable Windows administrator account.
5. To see the result of changes, type “net user administrator” and press enter. Now the Account active status must be equal to “Yes“.
Yes, the final steps shows that the Windows Administrator account has enabled successfully. For disabling administrator account again, just type the “net user administrator /active:no“.
Now you can set a password by typing “net user administrator PassWordhere“.
That’s all. To get more information about command line interface in Windows, please follow our Windows section article by subscribing to our weekly news latter.