The Google Chrome default zoom level is 100% fixed. It’s perfect for the small screen and computer monitors. To adjust for a web page, you must manually zoom it with mouse+Ctrl keys. If you are using Google Chrome as a default web browser, it’s time-consuming to fix or zooms in/out for each new website.
Let’s change it once forever. You can change the size of everything on the web pages you visit, including text, images, and videos, or you can change only the size of the font.
Change Google Chrome Default Zoom Level for Large Screen
To change the default zoom level of the Google Chrome web browser follows the below step by step procedure.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click Customize and Control Google Chrome then click Settings.
3. Click on “Appearance” and scroll to “Page Zoom” section. Here you see the page zoom and edited it.
4. Now select the zoom% you need to have it as default for Google Chrome.
That was the method you need to customize the zoom setting of Google Chrome web browser. But for more information about Zoom in or out in the Chrome browser, read the below guide.
Zoom in or out on your current page
Use the zoom options to make everything on a web page larger or smaller.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Next to “Zoom,” choose the zoom options you want:
- Make everything larger: Click Zoom in+
- Make everything smaller: Click Zoom out_
- Use full-screen mode: Click Full screen
You can also use the keyboard shortcuts to zoom in or out:
- Make everything larger:
- Windows and Linux: Press Ctrl and +.
- Mac: Press ⌘ and +.
- Chrome OS: Press Ctrl and +.
- Make everything smaller:
- Windows and Linux: Press Ctrl and –.
- Mac: Press ⌘ and –.
- Chrome OS: Press Ctrl and –.
- Use full-screen mode:
- Windows and Linux: Press F11.
- Mac: Press ⌘ + Ctrl + f.
- Chrome OS: At the top of your keyboard, press the full-screen key This key is also called F4.
How to zoom in Chrome using keyboard.
Chrome zoom extension.
Chrome zoomed in.
What is the default zoom for Chrome?
Chrome zoomed in at 100.
How to zoom in on Chromebook.
Chrome zoom custom.
How to zoom in on Google Chrome?
Make my screen bigger on Google Chrome
How do I make the font bigger on my Chromebook?
How do you change the text on Google Chrome?
Cannot find “Web Content” in Settings – Advanced for Google Chrome for Windows – 81.0.4044.129 neither by searching nor by manual scrolling, as of 30 Apr 2020
I did find where individual site zoom settings are kept: Settings – Privacy and Security – Site Settings – Permissions – Zoom levels
This global default page zoom setting is now located at:
Settings – Appearance – Page Zoom.
The one major complaint I have about Chrome is that the Settings interface changes so often that online help articles quickly become time-wastingly obsolete. Not the author’s fault.
The article has been updated.
Wow, thank you so much! I really needed a way to zoom out by default to see the whole page on my smaller screen.