Blogger is a popular and powerful free Blogging system under support’s of Google and available up to 60 languages with millions daily users. The address of blogger weblog come with blogspot.com suffix name. For instance “www.lensoftown.blogspot.com“. It’s not a pleasing and pretty name for a blogger and users. So you must setup a custom domain for your blogger blog. To setup blogger custom domain for an old or a new weblog, you need to register your own domain name and change it to your own name.
Find and Register a Domain
Firs of all try to find a short and meaningful domain name for your blog. Then register that name with some domain registration company. I have registered with a local domain registration agency. The bellow list are domain registration companies you can find and register your own ideal domain. There are many companies you can buy domain names from, I just brings here two of them which is good.
Add Blogger Custom Domain
I assume you have registered your own blogger custom domain name, and ready to add to your blogger weblog as blogger custom domain.
- First open blogger.com and login to your weblog with your Gmail account.
- Navigate your weblogs and select the weblog your want to set a custom domain, then go to Settings of your weblog.
3. Now click Set up a third-party URL for your blog link under Blog Address. Then add your own registered domain name as blogger custom domain.
4. Check everything is going right and click Save to apply the changes. Don’t worry if you see the error “We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain. Error 14“. This is because google can not verify the ownership of your domain.
5. Go to change the DNS record of your domain name with Google DNS records from domain registration website.
6. When the step 5 has complete successfully, navigate to your blogger and try to add your custom domain again like step 3. Everything must work perfectly. If it issue the error “We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain. Error 12” try to make sure the records are added correctly. Don’t write the google dns records, instead copy and past it.
Note: You see the settings instruction line on above screenshot, click on settings instructions. The How do I use a custom domain name for my blog? will open, then you should select your domain option, whether it’s a domain or sub domain. For a domain like mine (www.aimgz.com), select firs one On a top-level domain. Now it will show you the instructions.
7. Now the blogger custom domain has been set successfully. Just try to open your blogger weblog with new blogger costume domain.
Finally, if you have any problem, comment us your errors title you have with blogger.
Thanks for sharing sir, now I can do this easily but one question does the blogger theme remains after upgrading it to a website?
It just replace the domain name with your blogger weblog address. Do not remove anything, even redirect the users from your old blogger address to your custom domain.